Feb 14, 2011

How lucky?

You don’t need no fancy tricks
Painted eyes or glossy lips

I love you just the way you are
Hope you don’t mind my beat up car

You don’t need to change your dress
You don’t need to change your shoes

Don’t try to hide your natural looks
Forget about the cover let me read the book

Don’t get me wrong I like them heels
But the way I feel is the way I feel

You don’t need to change your dress
You don’t need to change your shoes

Go ahead be wild and free
you don’t have to shave yo’ legs for me.




(Shave Yo’ Legs by Keb’ Mo’)


My man loves me first thing in the morning, when my hair’s looking crazy and I probably have drool at the corner of my mouth. He loves me in my workout gear, when I’m a sweaty, red mess. He loves me when I rock make-up, a dress, and high heels. And he also loves me when I can’t be bothered putting on make-up or doing my hair. How lucky am I?

He gave me somewhere to stay (live…?!) when I found myself between houses. He got up to make me breakfast when I was running late for a course. He supports and encourages me in my endeavours. He's proud of me and doesn't mind people knowing it. How lucky am I?

Less than a week after we started dating, he already knew me well enough to buy me the BEST. CHRISTMAS. PRESENT. EVER…



(What? I really wanted one!)

And then when that wasn’t going to arrive in time, he bought me the second best Christmas present ever, based on a passing comment I made. A juicer. How lucky am I?




Bear. That’s how lucky. So this one’s for my Bear…


Date night cupcakes

We went on an awesome date night on Saturday night. We were going to go see a movie, but we got the time wrong, so we grabbed smoothies and headed up One Tree Hill. My smoothie was A.Mazing! Coconut, banana, honey and almond. Sooo good. These cupcakes were an attempt to replicate the flavours. They ended up more banana-y and less coconut-y than I intended, but they still taste pretty damn good!

Cupcakes
100g butter, softened
1/4C honey
2 eggs
1/2C almond meal
1/4C coconut flour
1/2C coconut cream
1 tsp baking soda
2 large bananas
1/4C almond butter

Icing
100g butter, softened
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp almond butter

For the cupcakes
Beat butter and honey well, until butter turns pale.


Add eggs, one at a time, and beat slowly until just combined.

Add almond meal and coconut flour (1/4C at a time) alternating with coconut cream, stir with a wooden spoon after each addition. Add baking soda. Stir.

In a separate bowl, mash bananas and almond butter. Stir this into the cupcake mix.


Spoon mixture into cupcake cases (in a muffin pan). Bake at 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes.


Cool cupcakes for 5 minutes in pan before removing from pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.


For the icing
Beat ingredients together. Freeze or refrigerate to harden before icing cupcakes.


Once cupcakes are completely cool, ice. I suggest keeping them in the fridge so that the icing doesn't melt...if there happens to be any left!


1 comment:

  1. You guys are so soppy. But you know, I think I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete