Dec 20, 2011

Unashamed product advertising...and a Christmas gift for you!

Warning: this post contains advertising material!

So I wouldn’t normally do this, but I’m making an exception, because I actually use this stuff and I think it’s awesome!

I’ve always enjoyed my post workout smoothie – it’s tasty (it’s the only time I get to have fruit!), it’s quick and easy, and it gives me what I need after a good workout. I used to make it with banana, blueberries, avocado (I try to avoid dairy, so avocado works well to give it the same creaminess, and also add in some good fat), some kind of protein powder and water. I was aware that, while not as unkind to my system as straight dairy, the dairy-based protein powders were probably not ideal either, but I didn’t have an alternative that was just as quick and easy. And it tasted pretty good. I was happy with it.

Then I discovered Vital Greens…and my PWO smoothie became awesome! Seriously, a couple of teaspoons of this transformed the taste from good to something amazing! The best thing is that in addition to tasting great, it is an amazing "blend of nutritionally potent and nutrient-dense greens, vegetables and fruits, plus additional herbs, natural minerals, powerful antioxidants, probiotics for intestinal health, essential amino acids, essential fatty acids (omegas 3, 6 and 9), digestive enzymes, cell pigments, plant sterols and fibres". I know the jury is still out on the benefits of multi-vitamins, but I personally find that the addition of nutritional support makes a huge difference to my energy levels and immune function. Believe me, when I was a student I tried desperately to go without (it was hard to make the budget stretch that far), but I really do find that the benefits outweigh the costs.

Not only that, but they also do a product called Vital Protein, which is a 100% vegetable protein - high protein content, dairy-free, and easily digested.


Introducing the PWO smoothie extraordinaire! BOOM!!

Anyway, if you’re keen to try any of their products, you can order direct from
www.vitalhealthnz.com. Use the code PP2060C to get a 15% discount on all orders.

Tell your friends & help bring better health into their lives too!

And speaking of better health, I know I made a promise to post less treats and more everyday food, but it's Christmas & I figure you guys deserve a gift. IMHO, this banana bread is seriously one of the best primal dishes I've cooked. I actually ate half of it in the space of an afternoon! So if you're going to try it, maybe make sure there are other people around to help you out with eating it...




Paleo Banana Bread

4 eggs, separated
2 ripe bananas
15 dates
¼ C coconut oil
1 C coconut flour
1/3 C ground linseed
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
A handful of cocoa nibs (optional)

Using a stick blender, mush together bananas, dates, coconut oil and egg yolks. Add all dry ingredients (except cocoa nibs) and cider vinegar and mix well. Stir in cocoa nibs.

In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until they form stiff peaks.

Gently fold banana mixture into the egg whites, ensuring they are mixed completely without over-mixing.

Spoon mixture into a greased & lined loaf tin and bake at 150 degrees celcius for 45 minutes (or until loaf is golden on top & bounces back when pressed lightly).

Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn onto a wire rack.


Enjoy warm, spread with a bit of coconut oil (or butter, if you eat dairy).

No comments:

Post a Comment