Jan 23, 2012

Broccoli, red onion & almond salad

Sorry for my recent silence...I've been getting my head around a new job & adjusting to a new schedule, whilst simultaneously getting used to being on my feet most days & coping with the addition of several extra sessions of yoga/pilates/boxing/other forms of exercise (all in the name of work). I love my job...but it's certainly been taking it out of me! Last week, I actually listened to my body (I think this might be a first!) and, after struggling through a CrossFit workout on Monday, declared the remainder of the week 'yoga week'. It paid off! I was able to return to CrossFit this morning feeling much stronger, more energetic, and definitely more enthusiastic. 

Lesson learnt? Maybe!

Despite my absence, I have still been taking note of some of the things I've made over the last few weeks, so I'll hopefully be posting more regularly again now. Except that my phone got stolen on Friday, so I might be missing a few photos :(

Anyway, at some point over the last couple of weeks, I threw this salad together...

Broccoli, red onion & almond salad


Ingredients
Sesame oil
Red onion, chopped
Broccoli, steamed
Almonds, roughly chopped

Heat a small amount of sesame oil in a saucepan; add onion & cook until soft. Add steamed broccoli & almonds. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring often. Served drizzled with a little more sesame oil.

This was great as an accompaniment to a good barbecued steak!

Also worked well with some chopped cold steak for lunch the next day.

1 comment:

  1. I also think someone may have achieved something at CrossFit this morning....????

    ReplyDelete