Mar 19, 2012

The greatest thing since sliced (paleo) bread...

I don't really miss bread anymore, but just occasionally, it's nice to have something bread-like to accompany a meal. This bread paleo recipe here (shared with me by a CrossFit friend) is simple and versatile.

I doubled the recipe and added a bit of flavouring, so the recipe ended up being:

3 tbsp melted coconut oil
4 eggs
4 very heaped tsp of coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
Onion flakes (probably around 2 tsp)
1 tsp smoked paprika

I had some for breakfast, topped with scrambled eggs and olive oil..



The rest, I had for dinner, as a Tuna & bacon open paleo sandwich

In a bowl, I combined a small tin of tuna, a few spoonfuls of homemade wasabi mayonnaise (in the fridge from last week), and some capers.


Leaving that to sit for a while, I grilled some bacon, and toasted a couple of slices of paleo coconut bread (under the grill, as we don't own a toaster!). Then I mashed some avocado & spread that on the toasted bread, and spread the tuna on top.


On top of the tuna, I added the grilled bacon and a couple of slices of tomato.


Season with salt & pepper, and enjoy. If you're eating it with your hands, it might be useful to have a napkin within easy reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment