Oct 7, 2012

Accidental Brownie

This recipe doesn't come with any photos, sorry, because it didn't actually start out as a) brownie or b) for my blog! I was actually intending on making this recipe here. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I quickly discovered that our new blender, as amazing as it is, isn't actually a good replacement for the dying food processor that I threw away. As such, all the nuts and dried fruit just ended up in a big solid lump around the blender blades. So I decided to improvise, add more liquid, and turn it into a brownie batter...and OMG, I think it was actually one of the best examples of paleo baking that I've come up with!

Ingredients

100gms 85% dark chocolate (melted)
1 cup (not packed) soft dates
1 cup of nuts (I used cashews and hazelnuts)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
3 tbsp Dutch cocoa
250 ml (1 cup) coconut cream

Basically, just throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend until the mixture becomes a smooth batter.

I then baked it at 180 degrees celsius, in a square cake tin lined with baking paper. I can't remember how long I cooked it for, sorry, but I think it was probably about 30 minutes. You'd want the top to bounce back when you push it gently.

1 comment:

  1. oh sounds divine! Will now google "Dutch cocoa" so I know what to look for in the supermarket...BTW I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete